1) The plan under this program would be prepared at the level of Blocks/Towns/Clusters indentified. For the Blocks identified as MCBs, the Block Level Committee constituted for MsDP (details in Para8)will prepare the plan and send it to the District level Committee for Prime Minister’s New 15 Point Programs. In case of towns/cities, the plan will be prepared by the local body of the urban area identified for the implementation of this program and submitted to the District Level Committee. Block Level Committee will also be constituted for those blocks whose cluster of minority concentration villages have been approved by the EC .The plan for such cluster will be prepared by the Block level Committee and sent to District Level Committee.
2) District Level Committee
The District Level Committee would scrutinize the plan proposal and recommend it to the State Level Committee for 15 Point Program. The committees shall ensure that the MsDP plan for the blocks/villages/towns/cities has been prepared keeping in view, among other things contained in this program, the following:
(a) To propose projects for improvement of the socio-economic conditions of the minorities and basic amenities parameters of the district concerned to bring it at par with the national average.
(b) To propose projects that are deficit / gap filling and not for substituting a budgeted ongoing scheme with similar objectives.
(c) Ensure that the funds provided for the MCBs /towns/cities/villages are additional resources for these districts do not substitute State Government funds already flowing to the districts. To prevent diversion of funds from MCBs/towns/cities/villages, the flow of funds to the district concerned in the previous year will be taken as a benchmark.
(d) To propose projects for the selected sectors which are not covered by the work programs for the Annual Plans and the 12th Five Year Plan of the State/UT concerned and the schemes / programs of the Central Government but considered critical for the development of the minorities.
(e) To ensure that there is no duplication of work with similar objectives implemented or proposed to be implemented under the State and Central schemes and programs.
(f) To select the projects in the villages / localities having substantial minority population.
(g) To judiciously distribute resources for the sector concerned to bring the relevant parameters above the national average.
(h) To involve the Panchayatiraj institutions/ local bodies in the implementation of the MsD Plan wherever the mechanism is established.
(i) To ensure that the MsD Plan of the district concerned is prepared keeping in view the scope and availability of resources for the district concerned.
(j) To ensure that the MsD Plan is prepared inconsonance with the overall planning process within the district covering Annual Plans and12thFive Year Plan.
The Deputy Commissioner/Collector/District Mission Director, as the case may be, shall assist in facilitating the preparation and implementation of the district plan and ensure effective monitoring.
3) State Level Committee
The State Level Committee constituted for implementation of the Prime Minister’s New 15 Point Program for the Welfare of Minorities headed by the Chief Secretary shall also serve as the State Level Committee for the implementation of Multi-sectorial Development Program in the State /UT concerned. In addition to the existing members, secretaries from all line department concerned, secretaries of the departments of finance, planning, the member-secretary of the District Mission / Deputy Commissioner of the district concerned and head of the lead bank in the State / UT may be included as members. Notices for the meetings must be sent to the Ministry of Minority Affairs to enable an official from the Ministry to attend the meetings.
4) The State Level Committee (SLC) would approve the projects uptoRs.10crore. While approving the projects the SLC would ensure the following
i) It would see that the projects proposals are under the ambit of MsDP i.e. the projects conform to the objectives and guidelines of MsDP.
ii) It would satisfy itself about the need and justification for the projects in the locality where it is proposed.
iii) It would ensure that the costs of the individual projects are as per the standard cost derived by the State from the approved norm/ design of corresponding schemes of Central Ministries.
iv) It will ensure that the catchment area of the assets created under MsDP have substantial minority population.
v) It would ensure that there is no duplication of the projects by other schemes of the Centre or State Government.
vi) It would ensure that the land is available for the proposed project.
vii) It would ensure that the ownership of the asset created would be with the Govt./Govt. body.
viii) It would ensure that the State Government would be able to incur recurring expenditure in future and would provide staffs required for the project.
ix) It would ensure that the sharing pattern of the fund for the projects between Centre and State Government is as per concerned Centrally Sponsored Scheme for that project.
5) Are preventative of the Ministry will also be deputed to participate in the State Level Committee meeting. The State Level Committee will send the block/town/cluster plan based on the projects approved for blocks/towns/clusters for consideration of Empowered Committee. The plan proposed would be sent in the format given Appendix-II.
6) However, the projects costing Rs.10crore or more will be sent to the Empowered Committee at the centre along with detail project report, justification etc.
7) Empowered Committee in the Ministry of Minority Affairs
Empowered Committee in the Ministry of Minority Affairs (details given at para15) would approve the overall plan of the block/town/cluster and the projects costing more than Rs. 10crore.The Empowered Committee at the Centre would examine the overall plan and see whether the plan proposals are as per the guidelines of MsDP or not. The Empowered Committee can add and reduce the projects depending upon the plan outlay vis-à-vis requirement of the State Government and finally approve the plan.