Special Developement Packages For Welfare of Minorities
Rapid socio economic development of persons belonging to various Minority groups of the State has always been a matter of priority for the State Government. Two special development packages comprising of 16-Points and 8-points were launched in 2000 and 2006-07 respectively for welfare of the Minorities. Both these packages evoked spontaneous response from the people belonging to different minority Groups. Based on the successful implementation of these special packages and considering the present socio-economic conditions, it is proposed to launch another special package for welfare of the Minorities. This package shall be implemented over a period of 5 years from 2013-14 to 2017-18. The details of the package are given as follows.
The List of Proposed scholarship & incentives under Special Package,2013. CLICK HERE
Government Proposal for Special Packages,2013. CLICK HERE
1) Necessary steps will be taken for ensuring basic Infrastructural facilities like all-weather roads, power connectivity, telecommunication, safe drinking water, sanitation, Irrigation, health care facilities, etc. in the uncovered Minority dominated area.
2) Effort will be made to construct Multi-Purpose Community Hall with seating capacity of 300-500 in Minorities dominated areas, for the purpose of skill development, cultural, and other democratic activities.
3) The market and trade centres located in Minority dominated areas will be improved by construction of market stalls to be distributed to the skilled and semi-skilled people belonging to minority community for establishment of their business enterprises.
4) Necessary steps will be taken up for the up-gradation and extension of Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad Guest House at Agartala.
5) Necessary steps will be taken up for setting up of Haz Bhawan at Agartala.
Allotment of Land:
Homestead land will be provided to the Homeless and landless Minority families belonging to Below Poverty Line.
Assistance for Housing:
Remaining Homeless and both homeless and landless Minority families under BPL category will be provided financial assistance at the rate of Rs.75,000/- per family for construction of dwelling houses.
Assistance to Minority farmers:
All Minority families having agricultural land will be provided Kishan Credit card for availing credit for Agriculture and allied activities. They will also be given required assistance for pursuing agriculture with higher productivity and income.
With a view to exploit available and new opportunities, assistance for upgrading skill will be provided through training to the interested unemployed youths from Minority families. Production of handicrafts, electronic and other items having good market may be given special attention while imparting vocational training. The trained youths will be provided required assistance as well as soft loan from financial Institutions for running their enterprise.
Economic Empowerment of Women:
Necessary action will be taken for formation of SHGs with women members belonging to minority families and extending them necessary assistance and soft loan for running micro-enterprises.
Assistance for Self Employment:
Unemployed youth belonging to Minority Communities will be provided training and financial assistance along with soft loan under scheme of the Tripura Minority Cooperative Development Corporation and Swabalamban for starting their enterprise for self-employment. Special attention will be given to promote cottage industries, sericulture, etc.
New Madrassas will be set up wherever necessary and existing Madrassas will be up-graded.
Special coaching facility will be provided to eligible Minority candidates for enabling them to come out successfully in various competitive examinations of all India and State services such as IAS/IPS/IFS/TCS/TPS/TFS etc.
Educational loan will be provided to the Minority students for pursuing higher and technical studies.
Pre-matric Scholarship will be provided to all eligible Minority students studying in Class VI to X.
Post-matric Scholarship will be provided to all eligible Minority students studying in Class XI and above in Colleges/University.
Madrassa higher education:
For Madrassa higher education, one Madrassa Degree College will be set up.
Maulana Abul Kalam Azad Memorial award:
Minority students securing at least 60% marks in Madhyamik/ Madrassa Madhyamik, HS/Madrassa Fazil examinations will be provided cash awards of Rs. 2000 and Rs. 3000 respectively.
Begum Rokeya Merit award:
The Muslim girl toppers of Madhyamik and HS examinations (one student from each) will be awarded cash prize of Rs. 10,000 and a Gold Medal.
Special incentives for Girl students:
The Girls from Minority communities who pass class VI to class VIII and score 60% marks in their annual examinations would be given cash award at the rate of Rs 500. The girl students of minority communities who pass class IX and score 60% marks in the annual examination would be given cash award of Rs. 800.
Necessary steps will be taken to strengthen and upgrade the existing Nazrul Chhatrabas at Agartala.
Wherever necessary, existing Girls’ Hostel will be strengthened and upgraded.
Stipends will be provided to students belonging to minority communities studying in Classes VI to XII and staying in recognized hostels.
Providing of Bicycle:
All girl students belonging to Minority families having income less than Rs. 1.25 lakh per annum, studying in classes IX to XII will be provided bicycle free of cost to facilitate their movement to Schools.
Special help for sports persons:
Special help and adequate assistance will be provided to successful sports persons from the minority communities.
SOCIAL & CULTURAL
1) Special attention will be given for protection and development of Wakf properties.
2) Special efforts shall be made to promote cultural activities and necessary assistance will be extended for organizing Jari-Sari festival, Karbala festival etc.
3) Cultural instruments will be distributed to those activists to whom it is being treated as means of livelihood.